Saturday, September 27, 2008

Remote Access

Currently I have a Laptop and Blackberry (limited minutes) that I use for a dial up modem when travelling or on the boat. Several times a day while travelling, I dial up the Internet and update AmiBroker database, run my routines, and make some orders. I then logoff and go buy some junk and may be away for a few hours. Sometimes when I repeat this process – I get unpleasant surprises after several hours with the market open. It would be nice to see alerts on my cell and have AmiBroker running at my business far away. Is there a better way?

David,
I'd suggest a three pronged approach:
(a) set up amibroker on a desktop with a broadband connection and have it run;
(a) use logmein.com free version to remotely access it when you use the laptop with wifi or dialup (alternatively gotomypc.com)
(c) use shape services RDM+ to allow you to access the desktop remotely from your blackberry (uses fairly high amount of bandwidth)
** also, you can set up alerts that run every so often from your desktop that send emails of status to your blackberry mail (optional)
This is what I've used for a long time and it is very stable.
Chris

No comments: