Saturday, November 9, 2013

Introduction

Introduction


Hello everyone. My name is David. You can call me Dave.

I am starting today to try to document as simply as I can my trading strategies.  I’ve had a tough road to get to where I can relax and make some money.  I have been working at this for over 10 years.  All I can say is that you need to be doing this each day and practice various techniques in order to learn.  The important thing is to just get started - either paper trading or “really” small trades in order to learn.  

With this said, I primarily try to find undervalued stocks to trade and sell a put on them.  I want to be able to trade these in a retirement account and therefore I take a positive slant.  I like to trade covered calls in a “upwardly trending” market as well.  

I cannot afford to sit in front of a terminal all day - yet I would still like to be an active trader.  I am setting up my life to be able to trade anywhere at anytime so I may travel and work from a mobile office.  I am planning on doing all my trading and analyzing from a tablet.  

My own history is a good example of what most of us go through.  Over the first few years I suffered losses. I read many books, followed many blogs, and watch 1000’s of YouTube videos.  Only when I stepped back, looked at the big picture, simplified, and developed my own way of trading did I finally succeed.  I tested and practiced this system until I could get some repeatable results.  

This is my attempt to document my system and to try to educate others - especially young folks on my system.  

No comments: